With my best regards and wishes,
1. The contest is open to everyone except for Portugal Space employees.
2. Contestants are permitted to work in groups.
1. The contest is open from 12:01 a.m. June 24, 2019 Central European Time (CET) and closes at 11:59 p.m. August 23, 2019, CET. Late submissions will not be considered.
2. All entries must be submitted electronically to Portugal Space at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
3. The proposal will be accompanied by a brief explanation in Portuguese or English of the design and the main ideas represented (written down on a separate paper).
4. One or more submissions per person is acceptable. Each submission must be sent in a separate email.
5. There is no fee to enter the contest.
1. Portugal Space is young, light, innovative, agile, open, creative, digital, modern, knowledgeable, attractive, autonomous, interactive, yours, national agency, European, global.
2. Portugal Space is Portugal’s national space agency and is tasked to implement and bring forward and renew Portugal’s strategy in space. The vision is that, by 2030, Portugal, an Atlantic nation, with a rich and global maritime tradition, is recognised as a global authority in the science and economics of Space-Earth-Climate-Oceans interactions for the benefit of society and economy.
3. Portugal Space is about promoting and enabling space activities along the whole value chain as a key tool for the benefit of society, for economic growth, to tackle global challenges, to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, to inspire new generations, to further the reach of humanity, for a better world.
4. Portugal Space is engaged in all areas of science and exploration, safety and security (including defence), Earth observation, telecommunications, navigation, technology development, access to space, operations for the benefit of all economic sectors from agriculture, fisheries, urban development, transportation, shipping, energy, communications, and more.
5. The main current light house projects are: the Azores International Satellite Launch Program, Space driven Autonomous Shipping, Space based Sustainable Environments and Green Islands, New markets for Nano/Microsatellites.
6. To find out more about the Agency, and its ongoing and planned activities, objectives and lighthouse projects, visit www.ptspace.pt.
1. The design must be original and not edited before.
2. The technique used can be free: drawing, painting, computer design, photography, all adaptable to printing.
1. Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
2. The winning submission becomes the sole property of Portugal Space and may be used for any Portugal Space purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials.
3. Entrants affirm that they will not use, publish or otherwise divulge their submissions once the final selection has been made.
4. Portugal Space shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
5. Portugal Space reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines.
6. Portugal Space reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional purposes in the future.
7. If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
1. The winning entry will be selected by a mixed jury. Their decision will be final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
3. A dedicated jury will select the finalists on September 2, 2019.
4. In a final Pecha Kusha, the finalists will be asked to present their design to the jury and the best will be selected.
5. The winner will be notified via email and will be announced at the Logo revelation event on the 5th of October.
The prize for the winning entry is 1500€.
This prize remains the same regardless of the size of the team submitting the winning entry.
1. Portugal Space is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
2. Portugal Space reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and award the prize by alternate means if fraud or technical failure is determined at any time by Portugal Space, including after the submission window has closed.
3. Portugal Space is not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.